Transportation to Bryant
Please have your Student ID number and Bus Route Number available when contacting Transportation.
When requesting a bus pass for your child please contact Kathleen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your child’s name
- Who they are riding the bus with
- What day they will riding the bus
- The bus number
- Their teacher’s name
- Parent/guardian’s name and phone number
Please contact us a day in advance for the pass to be processed in time. You can also fill out a Bus Pass Request Form and bring it to the front office or email it to email@example.com.
Seattle Public Schools provides free transportation for students who live within their school attendance area but outside the school’s walk zone.
If a student is placed in a program, such as deaf and hard of hearing services, that is not available in your neighborhood (attendance) area school, transportation is usually provided.
Transportation Eligibility Guidelines
- Elementary and K-8 schools have a 1-mile walk boundary. Eligible students are provided service primarily on yellow school buses.
- Middle schools have a 2-mile walk boundary. Service is either by yellow school bus or ORCA card for the Metro.
- High schools have a 2-mile walk boundary. Service is provided with an ORCA card.
Use our school attendance and option school transportation area maps to see if your child is eligible for transportation.
Safe Routes to School
Biking and walking are great ways to get to school. Use the City of Seattle interactive map to find safe walking and biking routes to your school.
Walk, Bike, and Roll to School
Walking, biking, and rolling to school supports exercise, reduces pollution, and connects neighbors. Studies even show students arrive at school more attentive and ready to learn. Visit this page for resources to support you in walking, biking, and rolling to school.
Bus routes are sometimes delayed due to traffic, weather, construction, or other situations.
If your bus is late, we recommend your student stay at the bus stop. Please create a plan and discuss with your student what to do if their bus is late.