Bryant Library Policies and Procedures
Maximum Number of Check-Outs
We encourage a healthy appetite for books and understand that some read more quickly than others.
- Kindergarteners may check out 1 book at beginning of year, followed by 2 based on teacher approval
- First graders may check out up to 3 books at a time
- All other grades may check out up to 10 books at one time
- To accommodate popular demand, students are limited to one graphic novel, magazine, or book in a series
Please be reasonable about checking out. Many students come to the library multiple times per month. We ask that they check out only what they are capable of reading between library visits. In that way, our shelves will be stocked with more popular titles.
Library Due Dates and Fines
All library books are checked out for two-week increments. Students may renew books, unless the book is already on-hold for another student. Magazines and Kindles are checked out in 7-day increments and may not be renewed due to the timeliness of material. Fourth and fifth graders may check out Kindles once a permission form has been signed by a parent/guardian and turned into Ms. Aliverti.
We do not charge for late books, but you will have to deal with Ms. Aliverti’s sighs if you forget to bring a book back ontime. Also, patrons with more than one overdue item may not check out additional items until overdue materials are returned.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Many of us have experienced a book’s untimely demise when it meets up with a untrained puppy, a puddle on the way home from school, or a water bottle gone rogue in a backpack. In the event that a library item has been lost or damaged beyond reasonable use, we ask that families simply replace the item. Please speak directly with Ms. Aliverti prior to making a replacement.
Bryant Hawks are fierce with their studies, gentle with our library. Please remember, the Bryant Way in our library.
- We take care of ourselves by speaking quietly, walking safely, following instructions
- We take care of each other by listening to and helping each other
- We take care of our school by using shelf markers, treating books, shelves, and equipment respectfully, and returning materials on time
“Policy and Procedure” image from Bremer White and Omera, 2019, www.bremerwhyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/603785879-e1548968669259.jpg.